Nouvelle discussionNouveau message Derniers messages Recherche forum
10 messages.    - Londres va investir 1 md d'euros dans les infrastructures cyclistes. [11353]
Julienb
08-03-2013 à 13h26
Acceder au profil du membre
Encore faut il les construire convenablement
Sinon on favorise le stationnement sauvage :

Ou pire faiire de la peinture sur les trottoirs

Julien, 290 msg, 34 ans. Tournai (BE-75).
 Citer Alerter [224944]
snickers
08-03-2013 à 14h39

Boris Johnson
a écrit
:
FOREWORD BY THE
MAYOR OF LONDON
Imagine if we could invent something that cut road and rail crowding, cut noise, cut pollution and illhealth – something that improved life for everyone, quite quickly, without the cost and disruption of new roads and railways. Well, we invented it 200 years ago: the bicycle.
Like so many of the best things, the bike owes a lot to London. In 1818, at his Covent Garden coachworks, one Denis Johnson – not necessarily a relation –
helped create the first bicycle in something like its modern form, with a curved metal frame and metal spokes for the wheels.
After that early inventorial spurt, I confess, London rather forgot the Johnson ‘velocipede’. Gyratories and flyovers carved up the city. Humbler roads sprouted railings, roundabouts and fast-moving traffic.
Ownership of a car became how an ambitious young man showed off to an upwardly-mobile young woman.
But in the past decade, cycling on the Transport for London (TfL) road network has almost trebled.
The Thames bridges throng with commuter cyclists, wearing colours not found in nature. In the cooler parts of east London, a bike is the fifth limb for everyone under 30. Hundreds of thousands of people have discovered that their transport future is lying in their garage under a pile of disused barbecue equipment.
The success of our policies to increase cycling means we must now greatly increase our provision for cyclists – and, above all, for the huge numbers of Londoners who would like to cycle, but presently feel unable to.
In this document, I set out my plans for substantial – eventually transformative – change. Cycling will be treated not as niche, marginal, or an afterthought, but as what it is: an integral part of the transport network, with the capital spending, road space and traffic planners’ attention befitting that role.
Among the greatest joys of London’s Olympics were our triumphs in cycling. I today announce that the main cross-London physical legacy of the 2012 Olympic Games will be a proper network of cycle routes throughout the city, a substantial increase in cycling, and all the benefits – fitness, enjoyment and easy travel for millions, cleaner air and less traffic for all – that will follow.
THE MAYOR’S VISION FOR CYCLING IN LONDON – An Olympic Legacy for all Londoners 5 My flagship route – a true Crossrail for the bicycle – will run for at least 15 miles, very substantially segregated, from the western suburbs, through the heart of the Capital, to the City, Canary Wharf and Barking in the east. It will, we believe, be the longest substantially-segregated continuous cycle route of any city in Europe. It will use a new segregated cycle track along, among other places, the Victoria Embankment and the Westway flyover. The Westway, the ultimate symbol of how the urban motorway tore up our cities, will become the ultimate symbol of how we are claiming central London for the bike.
I want cycling to be normal, a part of everyday life. I want it to be something you feel comfortable doing in your ordinary clothes, something you hardly think about. I want more women cycling, more older people cycling, more black and minority ethnic Londoners cycling, more cyclists of all social backgrounds – without which truly mass participation can never come.
As well as the admirable Lycra-wearers, and the enviable east Londoners on their fixed-gear bikes, I want more of the kind of cyclists you see in Holland, going at a leisurely pace on often clunky steeds.
I will do all this by creating a variety of routes for the variety of cyclists I seek.
There will be greatly-improved fast routes on busy roads for cyclists in a hurry. And there will be direct, continuous, quieter routes on side streets for new cyclists, cautious cyclists and all sorts of other people who would rather take it more slowly. But nothing I do will affect cyclists’ freedom to use any road they choose.
I will more than double London’s cycling budget – to a total of almost £400m over the next three years, two-and-a-half times more than previously planned. In 2015, we will be spending £145m a year on cycling, or roughly £18 a head, up with the best in Germany and almost on a par with the Netherlands.
Over the next 10 years, cycle spending will total £913m, more than treble the previously-planned levels. There will be particularly dramatic increases in spending earmarked for Outer London. I will change how I spend our money to focus far more heavily on serious, meaningful improvements to routes and junctions. I have appointed a Cycling Commissioner, who has helped draw up these policies, to drive them forward and win support for them from the other bodies whose backing we
need.
In addition to our record funding towards delivering this vision, I will be looking to the boroughs to also deliver extra funding and resources, in parallel, because of the benefits this vision will deliver for all.
I am, as you may know, a passionate cyclist. In my first term, very little gave me more pride than what
we achieved for the bicycle: the world’s best hire scheme, and more cyclists in London than at any time since the arrival of mass motoring. At the last mayoral election, cycling policy united the political right, who applaud the freedom and individualism it embodies, and the left. In my second term, changing London to make it friendlier to cyclists is one of my most important goals.
But at the very heart of this strategy is my belief that helping cycling will not just help cyclists. It will create better places for everyone. It means less traffic, more trees, more places to sit and eat a sandwich. It means new life, new vitality and lower crime on underused streets. It means more seats on the Tube, less competition for a parking place and fewer cars in front of yours at the lights.
THE MAYOR’S VISION FOR CYCLING IN LONDON – An Olympic Legacy for all Londoners 6 I do not control the vast majority of London’s roads, so many of the improvements I seek will take time. They will depend on the coooperation of others, such as the boroughs, Royal Parks, Network Rail and central government. I do not promise perfection; I do not promise that London, a very different city from Amsterdam or Copenhagen, will quickly come to resemble those places.
But what I do say is that this document marks a profound shift in my ambitions and intentions for the bicycle in London.
Boris Johnson
Mayor of London

"Imaginez si nous pouvions inventer quelque chose qui supprime l'engorgement des routes et du rail, supprime le bruit, la pollution et les maladies liées - quelque chose qui améliore la vie de chacun, assez vite, sans le coût et l'aménagement de nouvelles routes et de nouveaux chemins de fer. Eh, bien, nous l'avons déjà inventé il y a 200 ans : la bicyclette."

Enfin un qui a compris que l'infrastructure est une des clés, que les voitures ,les motos, deux roues bruyants et puants empoisonnent la ville.
Il suffit d'une journée sans voiture comme ils le font à Hanovre chaque année pour ce rendre compte du bien fondé.

Bertrand, 7072 msg, 52 ans. Hanovre (DE-31). VAEtaf 100%, sujets techniques...vae-tech.forumactif.org
 Citer Alerter [224961]
publicité
08-03-2013 à 14h39
Lien commercial -48-

Meuh
08-03-2013 à 15h37
la ville la plus connue pour ses fauches de vélos ne manque pas d'air ...

question habituelle : ils sont électriques, leur taxi/bus ? Non ... ben, déjà commencer par cela au lieu de refaire des routes qui fonctionnent très bien (depuis 5 siècles).

Nikola (tesla), 37563 msg, 74 ans. Zurich (CH-01). [mon blog] ... mon trike KMX, c'est ma porsche de retraité ... :-D
 Citer Alerter [224964]
Membre6609
08-03-2013 à 17h16
@Meuh,
C'est aussi un problème d'engorgement par la taille des véhicules...
Je ne sais pas à Londres, mais en ville et par chez moi, la majorité des automobilistes sont seul dans l'habitacle. Dans les bouchons journaliers c'est assez risible !

Membre6609, 1486 msg. Ce membre n'est plus inscrit.
 Citer Alerter [224981]
Membre7933
08-03-2013 à 17h32
La "débagnolisation" des grandes villes est en marche! Et ça s'accélère... Je trouve ça très bien.
Dans 20 ans, on se demandera comment on faisait pour supporter cette aliénation...

Membre7933, 21190 msg. Ce membre n'est plus inscrit.
 Citer Alerter [224984]
Fun-Vtt
09-03-2013 à 08h30

Julienb a écrit :
Encore faut il les construire convenablement Sinon on favorise le stationnement sauvage :

Fandez a écrit :
il faut lire le document pdf d'abord et faire les commentaires après !

Ce n'est peut être pas un Francophone Il m'arrive de lire ses commentaires, ils ne correspondent pas à ce qui est écrit....

6629 msg, 64 ans. (-54).
 Citer Alerter [225024]
Schilder-91
09-03-2013 à 15h14
Qu'on soit ou non de son bord politique, il faut reconnaître que Boris Johnson est un grand promoteur du vélo. Il ne manque pas l'occasion d'en vanter les mérites. Il est probable qu'il démarrera la mise en œuvre de son nouveau plan. Par contre, le compléter sera un grand défi. Néanmoins, cela promet que le plan ait attiré même de la part de ses ennemis politiques des commentaires largement favorables.

La bicyclette électrique y figure aussi ! Voici ce qu'en dit Boris :

Exploring the potential of electric bikes
As many as a fifth of new bicycles sold in mass-cycling nations, such as the Netherlands and Germany, are now electric. Ecycle bikes help you pedal using a small motor, powered by a battery which is charged every night from a normal household socket. No licence, equipment or insurance is needed to ride one. They are particularly useful for people who need to ride in a suit without breaking sweat, or to ride up hills, or to travel long distances, who are older or less fit, or who are otherwise put off by the physical effort of an ordinary bike. As such, they could be hugely important in our goal of bringing non-traditional groups to cycling. Ecycle bike growth could also take us some distance towards the Mayor's electric vehicle target. We will seek funding from public budgets and commercial sponsorship for three trials to give Ecycle bikes a high media profile, raise awareness of them and allow us to assess their potential for wider use.

C'est-à-dire qu'il reconnaît l'utilité de nos engins et qu'il veut les promouvoir. Par ailleurs il annonce que l'une des initiatives sera d'équiper la police d'e-bikes.

Meuh : tu as absolument raison de parler du fléau à Londres du vol de vélo. Le Plan n'en dit strictement rien. En 2011, 26 000 vols ont été déclarés à la police londonienne et d'après certaines estimations ils ne représenteraient qu'un tiers à un quart du total réellement fauché. Une des raisons serait, d'après la police, le triste manque de conscience sécuritaire des cyclistes eux-mêmes, la quasi-totalité des engins volés n'étant protégés que par d'antivols dérisoires.

La situation à Paris semble bien meilleure ; le vol de 'seulement' 4000 à 6000 vélos est déclaré à la Préfecture chaque année. Le chiffre réel, si l'on prend en compte l'entité Paris Petite Couronne, doit quand même être un peu plus élevé. D'après la FUB, 400 000 vélos disparaissent chaque année en France. La population de la France étant de 65 millions et celle de Paris PC de 4,4 millions, il est probable qu'il y ait environ 27 000 vols en région Parisienne, auxquels il faudrait sans doute ajouter les vols et dégradations volontaires subis par le parc des Vélib's.

L'infrastructure des transports à Londres était désastreuse il y'a une dizaine d'années, mais il y a eu pas mal de progrès depuis (voir Travel in London report 5 disponible sur www.tfl.gov.uk ).
Mes filles y habitent et tout comme Boris, l'une d'elles pratique le vélotaf. En la voyant parcourir l'un des nouveaux bicycle super highways, j'étais impressionné par le fait que la bicyclette s'impose maintenant sur les autres véhicules, dont la présence, tout au moins vers le centre, a été diminuée par le système de péage urbain.

Une différence ressentie entre la pratique du vélotaf dans les deux villes c'est qu'en moyenne elle semble couvrir une distance nettement plus longue à Londres. Cela s'expliquerait par leurs différentes superficies. Celle du Greater London Authority que vise Boris Johnson, est de 1579 km2 avec une population de 8,2 millions. Celle de Paris Petite Couronne est de 657 km2 pour une population de 4,4 millions.

Voici une idée : pourquoi ne pas présenter ce plan aux candidats à la mairie de Paris et leur demander ce qu'ils proposeraient à leur tour ?

Alan, 108 msg, 73 ans. Verrieres Le Buisson (FR-91).
 Citer Alerter [225049]
Meuh
05-03-2015 à 10h34
Apparemment, ils veulent réhabiliter les tunnels de maintenance des métros : www.caradisiac.com

Nikola (tesla), 37563 msg, 74 ans. Zurich (CH-01). [mon blog] ... mon trike KMX, c'est ma porsche de retraité ... :-D
 Citer Alerter [369157]
Stef38
05-03-2015 à 12h02
Les embouteillages y en a quand même moins depuis qu'ils ont "inventé" le péage de ville...

Stéphane, 2366 msg, 47 ans. (FR-38).
 Citer Alerter [369168]

Message modifié le 2015-03-05 12:02:20 par Stef38.
publicité
05-03-2015 à 12h02
Réparer et entretenir son vélo soi-meme
Lien commercial -181-

Membre12357
10-06-2015 à 08h41
Merci pour la partage des informations...

Membre12357, 3 msg. Ce membre n'est plus inscrit.
Alerter [387693]

Message modifié le 2015-08-16 18:39:12 par Havoc.
10 messages.    - Londres va investir 1 md d'euros dans les infrastructures cyclistes. - Lu 2365 fois. [11353]
retour en haut de page Messages récents
répondre dans cette discussion
En ce moment sur le tchat
Le 05 à 21h16 Havoc Énorme promo Decathlon : le E-Touring perd 1 000 € ! 2 499 €
Le 08 à 10h41 Cycle Bonjour,
pourriez vous me préciser la section du site la plus appropriée pour demander conseil de réparation sur un circuit imprimé...
Le 09 à 17h37 Havoc S'il est d'origine, autant en parler ici: cyclurba.fr
Le 11 à 13h17 Cycle Merci
Le 21 à 21h12 Havoc Nakamura E-Summit LTD à 999,99 € pendant quelques jours chez Intersport

Réparer et entretenir son vélo soi-meme
Lien commercial -178-